Thursday, November 20, 2008

Literature review of plant-based diets

I have been writing a literature review "The Effect of Plant-Based Diets on Cholesterol: a Systematic Review" for Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) for the past year.  It is now nearing completion and soon I will submit it for publication in a peer reviewed journal.  I look forward to the successful completion of this project and the eventual publication.  After the article has been accepted, I will begin posting important and relevant quotes on my blog, so look for updates on this important health discussion.



5 comments:

  1. I have high cholesterol and would be interested in reading what you have written. I have signed up for a feed from your blog so I can be updated. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do you expect this to be published

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barry,
    It has been a long time.
    I am going back to Colgate for the first time in 20 years this month.
    I am sure it will bring back old memories.
    Any way, i hope you are happy and well.
    Best,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure. I just turned 43. Other than medications, are there natural foods combined with my exercise regime that can help normalize those?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems one of the best ways to lower cholesterol naturally is with a vegetarian (preferrably vegan) diet. The less fat and less meat eaten (as well as more vegetables eaten) the more you lower cholesterol.
    The are some other lifestyle changes that can positively affect cholesterol, including a handful of nuts a day, increasing fiber intake, and exercise

    ReplyDelete